Current RSS News

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Week 2-My Personal Research Journey

The topic I chose to research  is "How Home Environment and Demographics effect children's ability to learn". I felt that this is an important topic in Early Childhood Education because as educators we have to recognize that factors within school environment are not the only thing that effect our relationships with student and their families, and are not the only things that effect the way a child may learn or comprehend. I have always been very interested in educational statistics and success rates of students in inner city school districts compared to those in rural districts or private school, so 
I felt that this topic would be best to choose to go into depth with my research.

I have gain many insights from constructing research and using the research chart such as how to pull necessary information from articles and research that apply to my research and how to organize information and data. 

I welcome my colleagues to give input and advice on resources I could use and share other invaluable invaluable information with me on their experiences and knowledge of the topic. 



1 comment:

  1. Hello Martissa
    This research topic is indeed an important one in the Early Childhood Field. Home environment and changing demographics indeed has adverse effect on children's learning ability. It will really be interesting to know more about this topic. I will always try to share resources with you through this research process. Great success as you venture into the task.

    ReplyDelete