Current RSS News

Thursday, November 1, 2012



During my time interning in a kindergarten class room, I got a chance to know the children very well. One little boy, I had noticed, never wanted to try to tie his own shoes. I went back and forth with him almost  every day I was there to try to get him to tie his laces himself. I tried to teach him the bunny ear technique, "make two loops and pull one through" technique, but he always threw his hands and said Miss. Martissa my mom and dad will do it at home. 

I visited the school the next year and saw the little boy in the hallway, he ran up to me with a hug and said with a huge smile Miss Martissa, I can tie my shoes now! 

Now to me, this was major. I knew that not only had he remembered me as the one trying to teach him how to tie his shoes, but I helped him with something (even though it may seem minor) that he will carry with him all his life <3

2 comments:

  1. The best thing about working with children is the hugs they give after you taught them something!!! Whenever I am having a rough day I just go and find one of the students and give out hugs. They are so small and loving and sometimes thats all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will forever be apart of his childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete